Put down the crisps - Lo-Dough is here to save the day with its low calorie, low carb, delicious alternative. This is the ultimate high-fibre snack - giving you half your recommended daily intake in one sitting! Use shop-bought hummus and Lo-Dough to create this ready in minutes snack.
We've posted a recipe for cracker-breads before, but after a bit of experimenting, we've discovered you can microwave Lo-Dough with a couple of other sprinkles to make delicious, low calorie, low-carb and high fibre (read: filling, satisfying) snacks.
For flavour and texture, we have used some of Spicentice's BBQ rub and Eatlean's Protein Cheese Shaker. You could do this with grated parmesan and a spice mix of your own, but it wouldn't be quite the same - and definitely wouldn't have the same low-calorie quality.
Hummus is simple to make - just blitz a tin of chickpeas, a clove of garlic, a squeeze of lemon, a spoon of cumin a good spoon of tahini and a little olive oil and water to create a smooth paste. Garnish with whole chickpeas and a dusting of smoked paprika.
Follow the method below for this awesome high-fibre snack.
- 1 piece of
- A good shake of 'Eatlean Protein Cheese Shaker' or grated parmesan
- A good pinch of 'Spicentice BBQ rub or any other bbq seasoning you might have
- A few sprays of spray oil
- 100g of hummus dip
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Spray your low dough with a couple of sprays of oil Add a shake of the cheese and a sprinkle of the rub on to one side of the Lo-dough. Run over with a rolling pin (use the paper the
Lo-Doughcomes with as a protective barrier) to push them into the dough. Repeat on the other side.
- Place on a plate and microwave for two minutes.
- Remove and break up into pieces. Serve with your hummus.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.