Sun-kissed, simple and delicious food. This low-carb quiche is packed with protein as well as flavour!
This quiche is seriously delicious - chicken, chorizo, peppers, onions and peas are all held aloft in a rich, eggy and cheesy mixture, seasoned with delicious smoked paprika. Instead of the usual carb-heavy and fat-laden pastry, all this can be baked in a Lo-Dough base instead, removing the fat and carbs, replacing it with gut-healthy fibre instead.
If you want low-calorie quiches - don't make the filling bland and flavourless by taking out all the fun stuff - just replace the pastry!
- 1 piece of
- 40g of chorizo, finely chopped
- 60g of cooked chicken breast, torn/chopped
- 20g red pepper, sliced
- 20g frozen peas
- Half an onion, sliced
- 30g of cheddar cheese
- 150ml of half-fat crème fraiche
- 3 eggs
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
Lo-Doughinto a greased and lined tin, taking care to push it into the corners and create an upright edge.
Gently fry off the chorizo, peppers and onion for five mins or so. For the last minute, stir through the chicken and peas. Place this mixture into your
- Whisk the 3 eggs and half-fat creme fraiche in a jug with the chives, season to taste with salt and pepper and carefully pour over the meat and veg mix. Top with a sprinkling of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until just set. Take out and allow to cool on a rack for at least 10 mins. Enjoy warm or cold!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.