Check out this veggie 'twist' on a low-calorie pizza
Stromboli is an Italian-American twist on the the more classic flat bread pizza. It's every bit as delicious as pizza, but offers a slight difference in texture.
The beauty of making it with Lo-Dough is you really don't have to compromise on flavour. We have gone with a low-fat mozzarella here to make it suitable for slimmers, but if following a low-carb diet or just fancy something a little richer, you can enjoy full fat cheese and still expect to slash the calories of a standard pizza. Carbs? Forget about it. This whole veggie pizza contains just 6g.
- 1 piece of
- 3 thin slices of aubergine, lightly fried in spray oil
- 4 thin slices of courgette, lightly fried in spray oil
- 6 thin slices of portobello mushroom lightly fried in spray oil
- 80g of light fresh mozzarella, sliced as thin as you can and dried on a piece of kitchen roll (mix or swap with grated mozzarella if that's all you have)
- 2 tablespoons of passata
- 1 egg, beaten
- A pinch of oregano
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/428 F.
Spread the passata across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Spread the thinly sliced mozzarella on top of the passata and add the sliced, fried vegetables. Roll the pizza up, brush with a little beaten egg, then top with the herbs.
- Bake in a tightly fitting dish for 10-15 minutes. Cut into bite sized swirls and serve with extra sauce if desired.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.