Low-Calorie Chipotle Veg & Cheese Toastie
A Low-Calorie Veggie Toastie That Is Packed With Flavour
This is one you've got to try - whether you are a vegetarian or not! Beautiful griddled courgettes and peppers sit in a cheesed up Lo-Dough toastie, flavoured with chipotle sauce and coriander. Believe us when we tell you, it is absolutely delicious!
What you may not believe is the incredible macros on this. 223 calories, 8g of carbs, 4g of fat, 33g of protein and 11.3g of fibre. Trust us - it's for real. The key to these insane macros is the combination of Lo-Dough and Eatlean cheese. Lo-Dough keeps the carbs and calories down while upping the fibre, while Eatlean keeps the fat and calories down whilst upping the protein. It's win-win any which way you look at it!
Low-Carb Toasties Made With Lo-Dough
When making a toastie with Lo-Dough, the quickest and easiest method is to use a sandwich press. Cut your Lo-Dough in half down the middle so you have a base and a lid. Spray the base with oil and place it oil-side down on the grill bars of your press. Lay up your ingredients, put the lid on and spray the top of the lid. Close the press and crank up the heat. It should be ready in around 5 minutes. We also recommend cutting the finished toastie in half once cooked. Then stack it up like a club sandwich.
If you are looking for something quick, delicious and healthy, this veggie toastie might just be the one!
- 1 piece of
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- Half a courgette, sliced into thin lengths
- 75g of grated Eatlean Protein Cheese
- A couple of teaspoons of smokey chipotle paste
- A small handful of coriander
- 10 sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat a griddle pan. Once hot, spray your courgettes and peppers with a little oil and griddle until softened and slightly charred.
Lo-Doughin half to create your base and lid.
- Add your chipotle to the base, followed by the vegetables and the cheese. Top with the coriander and put the lid on. Turn up the heat on your sandwich press.
- Spray the lid with fry-light oil and place this side down into your sandwich maker.
- Cook for approx. 5 minutes and serve hot! We recommend cutting the finished toastie in half again and stacking up like a club sandwich (see photo).
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.