The Most Incredible Low-Calorie Mincemeat & Apple Tart!
What would Christmas be without mince pies? This low-calorie & reduced sugar version is Lo-Dough's contribution to the genre! By combining homemade reduced sugar mincemeat with a piece of Lo-Dough, you can easily keep the calories and carbs down.
If you are looking to stick to a low carb diet, are gluten-intolerant or simply don't want your diet to got to pot over Christmas, this tart might just be a lifesaver for you.
The Mincemeat recipe is:
- 1 apple, grated
- 100g of mixed dried fruit
- 100g of cranberries
- The juice of 2 clementines
- 10g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (erythritol)
Just add everything to a saucepan and simmer until the orange juice has reduced and the whole mix is sticky and unctuous. The recipe will keep for 5 days in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- 1 piece of
- 300g of homemade mincemeat
- 1 medium apple, sliced
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4. bits of orange zest (optional).
Roll out your
Lo-Doughflat between two pieces of paper found in the pouch and work into a 7inch tin.
- Spoon the mincemeat into the lo-dough and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack and once cooled enough place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Serve alongside any accompaniment of choice, or just straight up.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.