No need for scrimping on the tasty sauce that makes this classic 70's dinner party dish so good. What's more, there's no need for cocktail glasses here - Lo-Dough turns this prawn cocktail into a portable lunchtime snack. Succulent prawns, crisp baby gem lettuce and a deliciously tangy sauce that makes the whole thing come alive, all for 240 calories and only 5g of carbs - plus 26g of protein.
Going Lo-Dough means low carb
We made our own Marie Rose sauce (ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcester sauce, Tabasco, horseradish, lemon juice - there are plenty of recipes available online) which allows you to make it to your taste, but for a busy home cook, we've just listed a supermarket's premium brand jarred product instead.
There's only one thing that can make this recipe sing any louder - and that's eating it outdoors in the sunshine.
Let's get wrap making!
- 1 piece of
- 100g of raw king prawns, shelled
- Half a little gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of premium Marie Rose sauce
- A pinch of paprika to garnish
- Spray oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Spray a little oil into a frying pan and stir fry your prawns until cooked and they have turned pink. Ensure they are cooked through, but avoid overcooking as they may go0 chewy.
- In a bowl, dress the cooked prawns in the Marie Rose sauce.
- Place the salad onto the lo dough and the prawns onto the salad.
- Garnish with a small pinch of paprika and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.