Making your own sauce is easy and perfect for the ultimate low-carb pizza
A New York style is a cooked sauce with a few additional flavourings added. It's only a few minutes actual work and then sauce can be left gently simmering on the hob whilst you are free to get on with other things.
This should make around 10 portions - perfectly suitable for freezing.
- 2 tins of tomatoes, pulsed in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- A pinch of salt
- A few whole sprigs of basil
- 1 onion, peeled and split in half
- 1 teaspoon of erythritol
- Heat the oil and butter together and add the garlic and chilli and cook in the fat for a minute or two on a low heat.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for about 1 hour, or until reduced by around half. Discard the onion and basil once cooked.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.