An indulgent yet low-calorie US favourite
One way to take the peanut butter jelly sandwich up another level is to turn it into French toast. The slightly sweet, eggy custard really lends itself to the sweet, nutty combination.
To keep it low-cal and low-carb, go for a reduced sugar jam and a reduced-fat Peanut butter - for the latter, we'd recommend PBfit.
This one is quick, easy and totally delicious - give it a go!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, cut into quarters
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 20ml of semi-skimmed milk
- Vanilla seed
- 1 tablespoon of erythritol sweetener
- 4 teaspoons of reduced sugar jam
- 1 servings of PBfit peanut butter (made up with slightly more water than recommended on their packaging for a looser texture)
- A few berries of your choice
- Approx. 10 sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add the egg, sweetener, vanilla seed and milk to a bowl and mix well with a fork. When combined, add your
Lo-Dough. Leave this mix in the fridge for around 20-30 minutes for the Lo-Doughto absorb the liquid.
On a low heat, add the spray oil to a frying pan and gently fry the eggy
Lo-Doughuntil golden brown. The Lo-Doughwill be a little fragile after soaking, so treat it carefully.
- Once cooked, drizzle the french toast with a teaspoon of jam and peanut butter on each piece - you don't have to spread it across - a drizzle will be plenty! Add some fresh fruit and top with skinny syrup for a finishing touch of sweetness.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.