A great spooky low-carb pizza to enjoy with the kids for Halloween
We've come up with a black sauce pizza decorated with mushroom skulls and green 'slime' (spinach) to help you and your family celebrate Halloween, in a healthier way! Wanna know what's really scary? It's just 279 calories for the whole pizza.
It's fun to make, but just take extra care making your mushroom skulls! The trick is to use a straw to make perfectly circular eyes and a small paring knife to carve out little details on the skull and mouth. Switch on the radio or a podcast and take your time!
- 1 piece of
- 60g of passata
- A tablespoon of black garlic ketchup60g of button mushrooms, carved into skulls, as above
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- A teaspoon of chopped thyme
- 65g of mozzarella cheese
- 10g of spinach
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/428F.
- On a high heat, fry the mushrooms in the oil until almost cooked. Add the garlic and thyme, plus salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.
Mix the passata and black garlic ketchup and spread two tablespoons across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Spread grated cheese on top, add a few more pools of the garlic/passata on top, then add the spinach and carved mushrooms.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden and bubbling and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.