Incredible Low-Carb & Low-Calorie Breakfast Treats
If you are looking for low-calorie, low-carb & high-fibre breakfast inspiration, then you have come to the right place! These American style waffles are sweet perfection and can be served with any number of accompaniments - fruits and syrup seem, strawberries and cream, yoghurt, bacon and then there is also that American classic - Fried Chicken. Yes, you heard... Fried chicken & waffles. Don't knock it until you've tried it (though that one might be a bit much for breakfast)!
We recommend you use silicone moulds (cheap and easily available online) and bake them. Failing that, you could use the same mix and fry it in a pan to make little scotch-style pancakes. Whatever you choose, you'll be delighted when you get round to eating them, in whatever form they take!
So, what about the macros? Well, these two waffles are just 201 calories and 5g of carbohydrate. As well as this, they contain 9g of fibre and 10g of protein. The fibre, in particular, is important here. Eaten at breakfast, that level of fibre will fill and satiate you and set you up for the day ahead, leaving you untroubled by hunger-pangs and the need to snack!
These waffles are incredibly easy to cook and take around 15-20 minutes to bake - so next time you are looking for inspiration for the breakfast table - maybe give these a try!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3-4 teaspoons of sweetener
- A little vanilla paste
- 40ml of milk
- Approx 40ml of water (or enough to loosen the batter to a thick pancake patter consistency)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into your mould.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. To improve the crispness of the outside of the waffle. Take out of the mould after 15 minutes and cook on the other side for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve with accompaniments of your choice.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.