Ultimate Tomato Puree-Based Pizza Sauce
A few store cupboard stand-bys can make a pretty special sauce!
If all you have around is a bit of puree and a few store cupboard ingredients, this is the sauce for you. We don't advise using tomato puree straight from the tube as a base sauce - it's a touch dry and will catch and burn. At a push, dilute it with water in a bowl before spreading on your low-carb pizza base. But if you have 20-30 minutes free and a few ingredients, try this - the taste is outstanding.
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- A few drops of Worcester sauce/mushroom ketchup
- A couple of drops of anchovy sauce/one or two anchovies
- A pinch of oregano
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of erythritol
- 400ml of water
- A few sprays of oil
- Salt & pepper
- Soften the onion and garlic in the oil for around 10 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for approx. 20 minutes, until reduced slightly. Allow to cool.
- Blitz to a smooth sauce in a food processor.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.