The Ultimate Reduced Calorie Christmas Pud Fix!
For the quickest low-cal Christmas pudding known to man and woman, you've got to try the Lo-Dough mug cake version. Full of all the original's flavour, dense with fruit and nuts and just crying out for a bit of brandy-custard! We've kept the carbs down by combining Lo-Dough and sweetener, so the only sugars left in this dessert are coming from the fruit.
When we say quick, we mean it - from start to finish, this one could be yours in under ten minutes!
Of course - setting fire to it is an optional extra!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 70g mixed dried fruit
- 20g mixed nuts
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener
- The zest of a clementine
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of gravy browning (for colour)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine thorouoghly.
- Add to a wide mug, smoothing off the top (to turn it out onto a flattish base later..).
- Cook in a microwave for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes take out and check by pressing the bottom of the mug cake. It should feel just cooked, with a little bounce. If still a little too moist in the middle, cook for a further minute.
- Take out and leave to stand in the mug for a further minute before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve as desired. If pouring over flamed brandy, take care. It would be delicious with cream or a brandy custard.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.