A perfect snack bite, ideal for a lunchbox or a picnic spread - but with each individual cake coming in at less than 100 calories and only 5.6g of carbs thanks to Lo-Dough and PBfit Peanut Butter.
These are deceptively simple to make and according to our customer experience manager, are 'like little bites of heaven - make another batch NOW'. Strong words from a passionate foodie.
See image below for an idea of how to set up your brownie tin:
gluten free | dairy free | fat free | low carb | sugar free | high in protein | high fibre | vegetarian | 39 calories per piece
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 18g Pbfit Peanut Butter (1.5 portions) mixed with water as directed
- 20g Sukrin sweetener (or any good baking sweetener of your choice)
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 40ml of semi skimmed milk
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 15g of dark chocolate
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/428F/Gas 7.
- Take one third of the mixed peanut butter and pour out a little line the length of your brownie tin onto some greaseproof. Freeze for 10-15 mins minimum.
Add the eggs, milk, sweetener, remaining peanut butter and 2-3 drops of vanilla extract into a bowl and beat with a whisk. Add the
Lo-Doughcrumbs and combine.
- If using a standard 8 inch tin, you will need to make an extra wall made out of tin-foil - this mix will fill roughly a third of an 8-inch square tin. Otherwise a small loaf tin or any small tin may be suitable (your Blondies can be any shape, as long as the are roughly 1.5cm/half and inch thick.).
- Fill the chosen tin half way, then add the frozen strip of peanut butter and top up with the other half of the cake mix. Bake for 9-10 minutes - the sponge should feel slightly springy to the touch - if it's too soft, give the cake another minute.
- Leave to cool on a rack and then carefully take out of the tin, remove the foil and greaseproof paper and cut into 3 squares. Top with a thin layer of melted dark chocolate (this can be melted in a bowl in a microwave for approx. 1 minute).
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.