This delicious low-cal calzone will blow your mind!
We've gone down the traditional Italian route with this calzone... filling the inside with ricotta, sausage and roasted peppers and pouring over the marinara sauce afterwards. The non-traditional bit is we've swapped the carb-heavy pizza dough for Lo-Dough... making this calzone low-carb, low-calorie, high protein and high fibre.
- 2 chipolata sausages (we used Heck chicken), cooked and chopped into chunks
- 30g of red pepper, sliced
- 70g of ricotta cheese
- 30g of grated mozzarella
- 10g of parmesan, finely grated
- 50g of pizza sauce
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/ 428°F/Gas 7.
Add the cooked sausage, peppers and ricotta to the middle of your
Wet the edge over your
Lo-Doughwith a little water and fold the over to form your calzone. Apply a fair amount of pressure to ensure it seals.
- Top the calzone with the mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake in your oven for approx 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve with a little extra pizza sauce to dip in or pour over.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.