An old favourite - turned super low-carb with the Lo-Dough Southern Style Coating
Hands up who remembers chicken kievs? We certainly do - a few of the team here at Lo-Dough HQ came over all misty-eyed talking about the kievs of their youth!
So, we've decided to reinvent them as super low-carb, gluten-free treats that can be enjoyed on a diet. They are incredible - the juiciest chicken imaginable, with all the flavour locked-in by the Lo-Dough Southern Style Coating.
It's a little bit trickier than your average preparation, but nothing you can't handle - there are plenty of online videos to help you make your Kievs if needed.
When making your garlic butter - make at least 250g. You can it roll up into a butter-sausage and freeze it - ready to take a portion whenever you feel like it.
If looking to make this keto-friendly, be mindful of the size of the chicken portion you are using and feel free to cram even more butter into your Kiev!
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating (enough to double coat one piece of chicken)
- 1 large skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spray oil
- Garlic butter
- 25g of butter, softened
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- A handful of parsley
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Mix all the garlic butter ingredients together. Make more than is needed and freeze as a sausage. Take of a 15-20g portion whenever required.
- Butterfly open your chicken and flatten the fillet to prepare your Kiev. Search for 'Kiev' on youtube for a video tutorial of the technique.
- Dip your stuffed chicken in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered. Repeat the egg and crumb process a second time to create a thick coating.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at 220C for approx. 25-30 mins. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked through before serving.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.