Low-calorie sausage rolls that are perfect for your lunchbox or a picnic.
These Lo-Dough sausage rolls give you four tear-and-share beauties that are a doddle to make and totally scrumptious.
We used two low calorie and lower-carb Heck sausages to create four of these double-barrelled beauties and they came to 268 calories.
Check out more pastry recipes here.
- 1 piece of
- 2 Heck sausages, taken out of their skins
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg-wash
- A teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Fry light spray
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/392F/Gas mark 6.
Lo-Doughdown vertically into 4 long strips.
- Split the sausage into 8 smaller cocktail-sausage sized portions and place them at each end of the 4 strips.
- Roll the strips inwards until they meet in the centre. Glaze with a little egg-wash and season with the salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the sausage is cooked through.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.