Cheap, tasty, satisfying and now thanks to Lo-Dough, low carb corned beef hash is back on the menu.
For our money, this is right up there in the upper echelons of comfort food classics and tasting it in the office sent a few of us straight back to our childhoods.
The recipe is a piece of cake - there's no way you could make a hash of it.
Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes with Lo-Dough
Using Lo-Dough at breakfast time makes total sense. From mug cakes to french toast, bacon sandwiches to fritters, Lo-Dough supplies you with endless low calorie, low carb options that are high in essential fibre and actually fill you up, leaving you ready to take on the day.
- Gluten free
- Fat free
- Sugar Free
- High protein
- Dairy Free
- Only 39 calories per piece
Try your £5 sample pack today and make pizzas, wraps, desserts and pastry like never before. Shop now
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to a crumb
- 70g of corned beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ an onion
- 30g of quark
- A quarter of a teaspoon of English mustard
- A teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 6 sprays of fry-light
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Oil a pan with 3 sprays of fry-light and soften the onion gently for a 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
While the onions fry, add the blitzed
Lo-Dough, egg, mustard, thyme and seasoning to a bowl and mix. Break up the corned beef into small chunks and stir through the mixture. Once cooled, add the onions too.
- Shape the mixture into a fritter and using the remaining sprays, gently fry the fritter on both sides until golden brown and cooked through (for approx. 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve with a poached egg for breakfast or alongside salad for a light lunch. Brown sauce or ketchup (or both!) is a must.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.