Being able to eat low calorie pork pies is worth celebrating, and we are very proud to introduce this one from Lo-Dough.
The same juicy and meaty filling is allowed when it is teamed up with this wonderful pastry alternative. This is a recipe for a low-carb, low-calorie pork pie with the same juicy, meaty filling and crispy, golden exterior. Seriously, what's not to like?
We also have a recipe for an open top, pickle dressed pie that uses exactly one piece of Lo-Dough.
- 2 pieces of
- 80g lean pork mince
- Egg wash (to glaze)
- 2-3 sprays of fry-light oil
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4.
- Spray the inside of a muffin mould with fry-light oil.
Cut a quarter out of your
Lo-Doughpiece, push into the mould and cut away excess from the edges (we use a pastry cutter, but working carefully with a knife will get a similar result), leaving a 1cm lip to crimp with a lid later.
- Mix the pork with any seasonings of your choice (we liked salt, pepper and chopped rosemary) and push into the mould, making sure to pack it tight.
Cut a new
Lo-Doughpiece to size for the sealed pie - brush with a little egg wash and push to seal to the pie with a fork.
- Egg-wash and bake for approx 50 minutes - covering with foil for the first 30 mins.
- Ensure your pie is cooked before serving - this can be dressed with salad and pickles of your choice. We topped ours with Piccalilli. Enjoy hot or cold.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.