Wondering what to do with your leftover turkey? According to the governments waste advisory body 'Wrap', an estimated 2 million turkeys are thrown away every Christmas.
If we consider all of the festive trimmings that could potentially have been loved and repurposed (hello vegetable broth!) then it becomes clear that we have a big waste problem on our hands, hurting both our pockets AND our carbon footprint. But we also have a great opportunity to make the most out of every last bite.
In the spirit of Christmas, we created the ultimate festive wrap. Keeping it clean and green, we used Lo-Dough for both the stuffing and the wrap with a homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce.
For the wrap
1 piece of
- A handful of leftover Turkey
- 2 tbsp sweet potato puree
- A handful of crunchy gem Lettuce
- Balsamic glaze
For the sauce
- 2oz Cranberries
- 3 tbsp Natural sweetener
- 3 tbsp Orange zest
- 2 tbsp water
For the stuffing
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 large chopped onion
- Butter Frylight
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste/extract
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
In order to make the stuffing, cook the chopped onion in FryLight until soft, adding the sage and
Lo-Doughbreadcrumbs. Once fully mixed place in the oven and bake for approx 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, combine the water, cranberries, sweetener and orange zest and bring to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract before placing in the fridge to cool.
Remove a piece of
Lo-Doughfrom the packet, peeling away the paper and pan fry in Frylight for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the stuffing is ready, add layers of lettuce, leftover turkey, stuffing and sweet potato puree in the middle of the wrap as per image below.
- Top with cranberry sauce, wrap up and enjoy!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.